Saturday, May 26, 2012

"Do not let a child's seemingly innocent nature fool you!"

If you have ready any of my prior blogs, you will be aware that I have been writing critiques and sharing plugins for movies.  However, my previous blogs have all been positive in the sense that I have enjoyed the movie.  Therefore, the review I gave it was a positive one.  This blog will be entirely different in nature, as I will giving a particular movie a bad rating.

I simply do no want my viewers to think that I just like all movies and therefore, am a biased movie critiquer.  Now, do not get the wrong impression either.  I do love most movies for a plethura of reasons, but there are those very few that stick out as "could of been better", "just downright awful", or "if only that actor had been it" type of movies.

Well, now that I have you on the edge of your seats(which of course is right where I want you), the movie that I will be writing about is "Hanna".  Now mind you, before I share my negative thoughts towards the movie, let me admit to you that the trailer did look appealing. I was excited to see this movie.  Before I get started, let me warn you that this editorial does contain "SPOILER ALERTS!" 

Even in the beginning scenes, I can convey several reasons for disliking the movie.  The father is seen leaving the house in the dead of winter in blizzard wearing just a suit!  Yes, just a suit.  Now, that might not bother some of you, but it really irritated me.  He is seen in an earlier scene with a huge warm winter coat on.   But in the process to embark on a journey during a blizzard, of course all you need is a suit on.  Later on Hannah, played by Saorise Ronan, is seen taking down two highly trained and armed CIA agents with her fists!  She then surrenders, but the rest of the agents do not shoot her.  She just killed two of your own agents, and you have guns pointed at her.  Can you use them please, or do you need me to show you how to you use it? Delving further into the movie Hanna is seen breaking out of a CIA headquarters with relative ease.  She is shown having the knowledge to destroy security cameras, whereas later on in the movie, she is  terribly afraid of a television set because she has no experiecne with electronics whatsoever. Do you remember where she came from?  She has never left her humble abode and has known no one except her father.  But, of course, she can easily break free from a maximum security building.  Hanna's kill count is at least ten plus in this movie! Well, I am done with all the ranting.  These are just a few of the reasons why I did not like this movie, but I simply do not want to bore you with any more.

Before I conclude this critique, I do want to inform you that I disagree with several people out there who dislike this movie because Hanna is too young to be able to be violent or deadly.  Have you lived by yourself with just your father in the middle of nowhere, performing physical training every day?  Well, neither have I, so I guess we will never know for sure.

Let me finish this blog by saying that I believe that this movie had great potential.  I did not dislike the plot or central idea.  Even some of the actors did a good job.  What I dislike are several of the impossible events that took place in this movie.  I also do know that everything I commented about has to do with the realism aspect of the movie.  The director's goal could very well of been to portray other aspects instead of realism.  And that is fine with me, I realize that.  It just irritated me is all.  I did, however enjoy the cinematography and soundtrack, if that counts for anything!

Now that I am off my soap box, I would like to hear from those of you who have also seen this movie.  Did you like it?  If not, how come?  Do you agree with what I had to say?

If you have just visited my site, you are probably wondering what it is all about.  My name is Josh and I am using this blog as a site where readers can receive movie buzz and plugins for movies and share their opinion on those movies. I would love to hear your opinion on whether or not the director and actors did a good job and what could of made the movie better.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993842/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics