Friday, May 25, 2012

Don't take from a father what is dearest to him, or else!

Have you ever been bitter or held a grudge against someone in your life?  Has that anger evolved into a strong desire to enact revenge towards that person?

Well this is exactly the case in the movie "The Taken."  In this blog I will sharing a short summary of the movie, my personal critique, and a plug in for it as well.

Liam Neeson plays  the role of a Central Intelligence Agent who has recently retired so he can live closer to his beloved daughter who is played by Maggie Grace(who has played minor roles in both "Lost" and "Knight and Day."  The daughter invokes on a trip to Paris on a trip with friends where she is then kidnapped.  Do not be alarmed.  This is not a spoiler alert(Look at the title of the movie)  This movie portrays the love, devotion, and courage of a father who takes dangerous risks to try everything in his might and power to bring his daughter back.  Does he do so?  I guess you will just have to find out.

I enjoyed this movie from beginning to end.  In fact I have watched this movie four different times in different states in the span of one week.  Does that give you any insight into my love for the movie?  I enjoyed the cast chosen for this movie;  I am a big Liam Neeson fan(A-Team, Star Wars anyone?)  The director of this movie is Pierre Morel(also director of the "transporter" movie series), who in my opinion conveyed the theme perfectly.  The theme of this movie has been done several times before, but not as intense as conveyed in this movie.  Neeson digs deep into his role and can be seen throughout the entire movie. His devotion for his daughter can be seen in all of his emotions.  This movie is a must see for all audiences, but especially for you fathers out there.  Unfortunately since this article is designed as a plugin as well as for sharing my opinion, I can not reveal any more information, as to avoid "spoiler alerts."  But I will leave with you a short quote from Neeson's character as to possibly entice you to watch this movie at some point.


"If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

If you have seen this movie please share your thoughts  Did you like Liam Neeson and how he portrayed his character?  Is this just another one of those  "been done same way before" movies, or is this a fresh new look at the theme?  Should the development make a sequel?  If you didn't like "The Taken, please share why!



If you have just visited my site, you are probably wondering what it is all about.  My name is Josh and I am using this blog as a site where readers can receive movie buzz and plugins for movies and share their opinion on those movies. I would love to hear your opinion on whether or not the director and actors did a good job and what could of made the movie better.




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0936501/

3 comments:

  1. I am also a big lover of this movie and actualy any movie that liam Neeson plays in. Everything was great about this movie, it kept you on you at the edge of your seat wondering what was Liam going to do next to save his daughter. Just the thought behind the plot was really amazing as well. It does show you that fathers will go above and beyond to protect their daughters and I agree it is a great movie for fathers to watch. You did very well on this blog Z, but of course all your blogs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your input!

    Yes this movie shows the true love of a father towards his daughter. And of course, this will not happen to most fathers out there. But, it does show a father how he should act toward his children in any situation. And that by treating them with the respect that they deserve and loving them unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics